Lalilo October ’21 Writing Prompt Calendar
Writing is a great way to boost literacy in the classroom, and daily writing is even better. We’ve created this free October writing prompt calendar to help your students develop a daily writing habit. If you are currently doing remote or hybrid learning, you can send this writing prompt calendar to families or add it to your Google classroom so kids can write at home. This variety of fiction and non-fiction writing prompts will help your students reflect on the fall and will give them practice writing stories and poems.
If you have a writing journal that you already use with your students, we’ve also included a plain-text list of our October writing prompt calendar below.
- Who is your hero? Why?
- What makes someone a good friend?
- Write a booklet that teaches kids how to care for pets.
- Invent a Monster. Describe what it looks like, where it lives and what it eats.
- What gift do you want to receive for your birthday? Why?
- What are you thankful for? Write a thank you letter to someone.
- What is your favorite holiday? Why?
- Write a story about a day at the beach. Describe what you would see and do.
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose? How would you take care of it?
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Why?
- Write a story about a bear cub that gets lost in the woods. Where does it go? What does it do?
- What is your favorite thing to learn about? Write four interesting facts about that topic.
- What is your favorite thing to do outside in the Fall?
- Write a story about a child with a superpower. What can they do? How do they help people?
- Write a spooky story about a ghost.
- What have you done this week that you are really proud of? Why are you proud of it?
- Write a booklet that teaches kids how to care for plants.
- Write a poem about a friend or family member.
- If your favorite toy could talk, what would it say? Write about a conversation you might have with it.
- Write about your favorite animal. What does it look like? What does it eat? Where does it live?
- Write about a person you admire. What makes them so special?